Monday, November 12, 2012

I'm Official............And Serger Problems :)

I'm official!!!!!!!! I am finally official and I am once again SewHappy.  I finally got myself a SERGER and can enter the land of official seamstresses.   Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!.....I have been looking to get a serger for quite some time but could not find one at a price I could afford.........So I recently saw a deal and I snatched it up.  Now I am OFFICIAL!!!!!!! Here's my beauty......

*singing* Isn't she lovely.........


I'm SewHappy......

And as you can see, I have already put her to good use but I ran into some problems quite early.  The Serger came already threaded and I was happy about that but I did so many happy trial stitches that the thread ran out and as much as I tried I could not rethread the machine to save my life.  I followed all of the directions, read the manual three times and was still missing something.  But thanks to a great video on youtube by artistkaesewing I was able to thread this beauty back up again.  There is something critical about threading the upper looper on a Brother and Artistkaesewing explains it well.  If you are having the same problem with your Brother Serger you definitely want to check out that video.

SERGER PROBLEM
The problem that I now have is keeping the machine consistent.  It seems as if the thread loosens the more I serge.  Does this happen to anyone else? Does anyone know how to fix this problem?   HELP ME......I know there must be some experts at this out there.  Email me, message me, call me, come over......lol.....whatever you have to do to help this sister whose serger excitement is dwindling.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.


DarcyRo-sews


2 comments:

  1. When my machine does that it's the lower looper but I have a Singer. Not sure if it's the same issue but that's all I have to offer lol. Hope you figure it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Adrienne! In fact I increased the tension on the upper and lower looper and that seem to have helped. It still doesn't quite sew as I expect but I suppose with time everything will fall into place. Well, that's at least what I hope.

    ReplyDelete