Thursday, November 1, 2012

More Sandy Pieces....

If there is anything good Hurricane Sandy did, it was to take me to Sew Heaven.  If you love to sew then you have loads of fabric in your home and somehow, I know, you always manage to purchase more.  So being locked in the home to a seamstress is glorious. 

I have a soft spot when it comes to the fabric stores especially when I get a good deal.  I have a favorite fabric store on 35th street in Manhattan.  They have some of the best fabrics there and they are always getting in new styles....They know me all too well because I treat it like my second home.  So, I think I may have gotten this fabulous piece there.  I just wish I had purchased more of it.

The pics will probably not do this fabric justice so let me describe it.  It is black velvet with gold glitter dots.  Some kinda fabulous trust me on that.  :)  I envision this at a New Years Ball or something.  Here is a close up pic of the fabric. 


Well without further chatter, here is the dress.  It is a bateau neckline with a V neck back topped off with a bow.  Initially I had the V back a little deeper but I was worried about bras showing and all so I hiked it back up.  Still a V just not as plunging and my bow in the back can be easily missed by this pic.

So what do you think?

Bonus:  Check out my youtube video.     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFlCALwK00g&feature=youtube_gdata

No comments:

Post a Comment