Wednesday, January 30, 2013

SuperHeroes, Fleece and extras


Hello blog world, oh how I have missed blogging.  I am not even sure what had me so busy that I could not add a post.  I do know that I spent some time as you all know vacationing for the holidays, I did some alterations, and even sewn a couple dresses.  The problem is I took very little pics with the dresses I made.  Here's some that I did snap.

A sparkly number for the new year and a vacation dress for my niece.  In that pic we are in Barbados and my niece is attempting to get some golden apples from the tree.
     The next thing I had to deal with was my nephew bugging me to teach him to sew.  Well I decided to put some time into him and teach him to make something.  But first, he requested that I bring to life a superhero costume he drew.  I did my best; here's a pic.

 My nephew is pretty specific and detail oriented.  If you can see his drawing above he clearly wrote out what color he wanted the tights, the sleeves, designs on the sleeves and all...  The belt buckle has a huge S on it but it is not shown well in the pics.

Now we still had to think of something for him to sew.   I had some fleece material I thought would be great to use but didn't want to make the usual things with fleece like hats, scarves, etc......So, with the help of my google+ community I got some great ideas of things to make with fleece.  So we decided to make pajama pants.  Check them out.  As always I like a little extra jazz to my clothes so we included a zebra print.  He was able to cut out his fabric and bypass a regular sewing machine and go straight to the serger.  :)  So he serged his pants together.


Well that's all for now but I will try to add another post soon.

SewHappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment