Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Peplum Love.....

Peplum, Peplum, Peplum.......it's all about the Peplum this season and in fact I love a peplum look whether its a peplum dress, top or skirt.  So I decided to make one to show my blogging family.

This project was originally thought about because I wanted to do something constructive with my scrap fabrics.  I knew I wouldn't have enough fabric to also make a waistband so I decided to make it with another piece of scrap fabric.

This is a stretched ribbed material in a solid blue color paired with a printed waistband.  So here is how the peplum skirt turned out.



I think it turned out well with my different scrap fabrics.  My niece decided to play around with it and also wore it as a dress...So here's another way you can wear it.




 
So which look do you like best? skirt or dress? 

BONUS:  I like to give you all an opportunity to make some of these things on your own, so if you have a sewing thumb (get it, get it....lol) check out my youtube channel for how to make this skirt below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRyPXS03bBE




No comments:

Post a Comment