Monday, October 22, 2012

Oldies but goodies......

So I decided to dig up the past a little and show you guys two of my older dresses but two of my favorite dresses.  These are two of the first dresses I made.....and made without using a pattern.  I actually don't like using commercial patterns but instead to think of the idea and try to execute it.  My niece often had a singing engagement so this is really what began my sewing ventures. 


For the first dress:  Peplum is in now but it was already in my mind May of 2011. I wish I could say that I was the one to bring peplum back but somehow I doubt that.  This peplum dress is made in a dark blue taffeta.


So you are getting a two for one deal here.  Two dresses in one post.  As I mentioned my niece often had a singing engagement with her school and always requested a new dress.  The above dress, though its a little snug now (remember it was made over a year ago) was made for her to sing the National Anthem at an event. 

 The dress below was made for one of her many school performances.  This performance she sang I'm Here for a black history program.  This dress is made using a black brocade.  I might even add her performance at the end. I am one of her biggest fans so you would have to excuse all of my chatter in the video.  But for now, let's focus on the dress.




And now as promised, here is the video of my niece singing Fantasia's I'm Here from The Color Purple.  She wants to do a broadway musical someday.  Any leads, just message me folks.  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoHZDeRUT2U&feature=youtube_gdata

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment